Name, Age: Ajay, 45
Where from?: I come from a land downunder… or Sydney Australia if you want to be all technical?
Family & Pets: I have a Wifey, My Three Sons (I’m a modern day Fred MacMurray) and a Charlie, who for all intents and purposes, is a cat.
Favorite artist: Soundgarden
Best label in the world: Currently… maybe Sargent House?
Best concert ever: Neurosis’ first Australian tour. Then, that one time I took my kids to see The Wiggles.
Top Record of 2020: Lingua Ignota – Sinner Get Ready
10 Albums for the month-long-stay on the tiny island:
- The Beatles – Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band
- Soundgarden – Badmotorfinger
- Alice in Chains – Dirt
- Neurosis – Through Silver in Blood
- Magic Dirt – young and full of the devil
- Faith No More – Angel Dust
- Peter Gabriel – So
- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Tender Prey
- Kate Bush – The Whole Story
- Today is the Day – In the Eyes of God
Best joke you always tell: Whenever I drive past a cemetery “That’s the dead centre of town. People are dying to get in there.”
Best Beyoncé song: Did Beyoncé write “Dopesmoker”?
Favorite Drink: Bourbon & Coke
Most important piece of advice to tell your 20-year-old-self: Don’t sell that vinyl copy of AEnima, no matter how broke you are!
Your own text if you want to tell the world something else: I’m a survivor, I’m gonna make it